ADAMHS Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in ADAMHS. We are always looking for qualified individuals. We will be posting all available job openings on this page, so please check back often.
|The Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board for Montgomery County is seeking applicants for the following position: |
| ||Program Coordinator - Mental Health First Aide Instructor |
| ||Community Engagement & Special Initiatives |
|Director, Community Engagement & Special Initiatives Division |
THIS POSITION IS GRANT FUNDED
The East Dayton AWARE Project provides Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) trainings to adults who interact with transition-aged youth, ages 16-24, in the 45403 and 45410 zip code areas in East Dayton, Ohio. Six MHFA Instructors provide 12 trainings per year for three years to certify 900 people as First Aiders. The goal is to increase the mental health literacy and capacity of the community to respond to the mental health needs of transition-aged youth.
Mental Health First Aid is a national, evidence-based, 8-hour course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
- Acts as the “face” of the project within the targeted Eastside of Dayton community by marketing the project and building relationships with community stakeholders to ensure community investment.
- Provide leadership for daily operations including, but not limited to, supervision and monitoring of Mental Health First Aid certified instructors and First Aiders, training and development, providing budgetary information.
- Oversees the policies, procedures, and logistics of all MHFA trainings, to include confirming space availability and room set up, copying handouts, purchasing supplies, and monitoring registration process.
- Monitor new MHFA class module offerings and work with MHFA trainers to complete.
- Assist new trainers with expectations, support and mentorship where needed.
- Secure class locations throughout the Eastside of Dayton service area and coordinate arrangements and location hosts.
- Schedule class instructors and address instructors’ needs and concerns.
- Manage promotion of classes using flyers, press releases, email blasts, social media and other communications.
- Work with Division Director to ensure solvency of programmatic budgets.
- Work with Evaluator to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Act as the lead facilitator of the Advisory Board.
- Responsible for tracking all the deliverables to ensure contract compliance.
- Requires, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health and/or a minimum of one year’s experience in the behavioral health and who are familiar with the culture and demographics of the transition-aged youth (ages 16-24) and the Eastside of Dayton, zip code areas 45410 and 45403.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are certified Mental Health First Aiders/Instructors. If a chosen candidate does not meet this qualification, he or she will be required to become certified within the first year of their employment in this position.
- Preference will also be given to an individual with behavioral health experience; experience in PC software to include Word and Excel is required; strong computer and database experience extremely helpful; strong project management skills essential.
- Must have exceptional public speaking and presentation skills. • Interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, group facilitation and organizational skills, ability to handle sensitive data, proficient in handling multiple tasks, and the ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables; ability to work in a fast paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Driver's license, insurance, and operational vehicle required. Requirements include travel both inside and outside of the Dayton area including travel to MHFA trainings/conferences and mandatory grantee conference.
The physical demands/work environment describe here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montgomery/default.cfm to apply.